plan, monitor and measure photography production in real-time from anywhere on any device
studio is our core module that is required for all ShotFlow One implementations. This module includes Product Data, Groupings, Shots, Set Lists & Sets, as well as special views by Role, including the Producer View. studio is configured per client by our Professional Services team to match your unique production data architecture (field schemas) as well as your unique business rules to automate processes and minimize (or eliminate) manual data entry.
- Automated creation of shot records during data ingest based on client business logic
- Cloud access to production data from any browser-enabled device
- Producers can assign hundreds of shots to Set Lists with a few mouse clicks
- Automated 2-way synchronization to ShotFlow One capture modules anywhere in the world
- Custom configured automated notifications update team members of new information via email or SMS
automate Capture One with real-time production data
capture is our locally installed module that integrates to Capture One Pro. This Mac O/S application enables two-way data synchronization to the studio module in order to have local access to the Set Lists assigned to the current Set. Now each Set has “live” digital Set Lists that are updated on the fly from the ShotFlow One cloud, ensuring the capture team is always working with the latest data.
capture also automates folder structure, file naming and rich metadata attachment to captured files within Capture One Pro.
As the capture team adds Shots, adds Photo Notes or completes Shots, their work is synced back to the ShotFlow One cloud to enable real time production visibility and monitoring by authorized users from a web browser on any device.
capture modules can be located on capture stations anywhere in the world and have instant access to the latest production data for the selected Set, with a valid log-in. This includes in-house studios, external (contracted) studios, on-location photography, or any combination of the above.
- Local Mac OS app automating Capture One file naming, metadata tagging and session folder management
- Visibility to all active Set Lists for the current Set
- Set Lists are automatically ordered by priority for easy shoot management
- Visibility to the Shots for each Set List, including warnings and Shot completion status
- Ability to update creative data such as Retouching Notes, which are also tagged in the image assets for visibility by downstream teams
track and manage sample merchandise integrated to real-time production data
The samples module produces barcode labels for tagging products, and enables logging of product movement through barcode scanners. In addition, samples are linked to live product data so the sample always reflects the most recent product information.
- Sample tracking capability via barcode label printing
- More than one Sample can be tracked per Product
- Sample records are linked to Product Data records for real-time accuracy
- “Sample Mode” enables styling and grouping of products on Set while automatically attaching rich metadata for all products in the shot, just by scanning barcodes
manage multiple studio operations in real-time from anywhere on any device
multi-studio is our module for clients that operate multiple studios, whether in-house facilities, external (contracted) studios, on-location photography, or any combination of the above. Multi-studio enables roll up of production data from the sets assigned to each studio, in order to track production data for each studio location. Because data is syncing from those studios automatically during production, a Studio Operations Manager in Boston can see live production information from the remote studios in Seattle and Tokyo, right next to the data from the studio he is managing locally. The multi-studio dashboard enables a variety of real-time customized graphs and charts to keep the Studio Operations team updated “at a glance.”
automated time tracking for each Shot, Set List, and Set – with logging to assigned Talent records
The ShotFlow One time tracking module automatically logs elapsed time for every shot on every set, even when the shoot is completed off-line. The time tracking data syncs to the ShotFlow One cloud automatically to enable centralized analysis and reporting. This is an extremely powerful tool for measuring production time toward key performance indicators (KPIs) such as cost per shot.
style guides (Q2 2017)
automated presentation of styling reference imagery to capture teams
Style guides represent optimal presentations of products or layouts to align with brand standards. These references can change over time and are critical for channels such as eCommerce and catalogs, where customers can see many products presented next to each other and styling inconsistencies are immediately noticeable.
Now the latest style guides can be kept on the ShotFlow One cloud for a “single source of truth” and presented automatically via the local ShotFlow One capture module upon selection of a shot. With ShotFlow One style guides, capture teams never have to wonder if they are using the most current version – it appears next to their Capture One window for accurate styling guidance on set.
talent (Q3 2017)
manage talent resources and usage rights integrated to real-time production data
The ShotFlow One talent module tracks the models, photographers, stylists, digital techs and other people resources involved in production. Now you can track the key information about your talent including their specifications, rates, contact information, and attach head shots and related documents such as model release forms. Then talent can be assigned to sets for tracking their work, and can be linked to individual shots so that the captured images will not only include the name of the talent resource/s, but can reflect related information such as usage rights that were negotiated for that talent. Now every asset produced with talent that requires usage rights limits will have that information inside the “smart asset” and accessible to any XMP compliant DAM, CMS/WCM, approval tool, etc.
- linking to shots, including rights expiration metadata
- tracking of time on-set via the optional ShotFlow One time tracking module
gear (Q3 2017)
manage gear resources and utilization integrated to real-time production data
The ShotFlow One gear module tracks the cameras, lenses, lighting, grip and other equipment involved in production. Now you can track the key information about your gear, including Manufacturer, Model, serial number, purchase date, and attach related documents such as purchase orders and warranty cards. Then gear can be assigned to sets for tracking the location of the equipment. In addition, the number of captures logged at that set are automatically attached to assigned gear records, enabling tracking of the utilization and replacement cycles of the gear over time.
Future Module Considerations
- automatically applying Capture One settings based on the shot selected in ShotFlow One capture
- shoot planning via a production calendar integrated to real-time production data
- asset tracking and cloud sync via local folder monitoring